The start, finish, and transition areas of the event will be situated on the beautiful campus of Lakefield College School, located at 4391 County Rd 29, Lakefield ON.
- Restricted Parking — up until the race begins at 8am, parking will be available on-site at Lakefield College School, but those parked on campus will be unable to leave until the races are complete at approximately 12pm.
- Alternate Parking — for those that arrive later than 8am, or who need to leave before 12pm, parking is available behind the Lakefield-Smith Community Centre. The race site is a 1km uphill walk from this parking.
On Sunday 23 June 2019 from 8am until noon:
- County Rd 29 will be closed to all traffic from Stewart Dr to Highway 28 to allow for a safe bike course;
- Athletes will have right of way on Stewart Dr to allow for a safe run course, but the roads of the Winfield Shores subdivision will be open to local traffic;
- Through traffic from the South will be directed by police to turn around at Stewart Dr;
- All traffic from the North will be directed by police to detour around the event by continuing South on Highway 28;
- Police, Fire and Ambulance services will be able to access the closed roads; and,
- Residents along the road closure will be unable to drive to or from their property, and are asked to park beyond the road closure and walk, if they need their vehicles.
- Medical — the Canadian Ski Patrol will be providing on-course medical services and will be available in the medical tent at the finish line, while NLS lifeguards will be providing on-water emergency services. The local fire and ambulance services are located 2 minutes from our event, and there is an AED device on-site.
- Toilets — portable toilet facilities will be available at the finish line and at the waterfront.
- Food — basic finish line snacks will be available for athletes, and there will be lunch available on-site for anyone to purchase.
- Equipment — only rudimentary assistance with equipment repairs will be available on-site at the bicycle inspection.
- Indoor space — please note we will not be using any of the indoor spaces of the Lakefield College School facilities.
This will be an exciting event to watch, and there will be many opportunities to see the racers pass on their multiple laps of the bike and run courses. During the draft legal events for the 14–15 and 16–19 age groups, athletes will be trying to form packs of cyclists in order to gain aerodynamic advantage over other racers.
Please be mindful of the lack of defined boundaries, such as curbs and sidewalks, along much of our bike and run course, and stay out of harms way as the racers pass.